The Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN) held a self-advocate summit in May 2019. Self-advocates discussed community living, what types of supports are needed, what self-determination and community inclusion means and marginalizing experiences, among other things. ASAN has produced a set of resources as a result of the summit and they are available on the ASAN website:
- Community Living: Laws, Rules, and Programs to Know About
- What Does “Living in the Community” Mean?
- What Autism Researchers Should Study
- Inclusive Meetings: The Autistic Self Advocacy Network’s Community Living Summit
- “The Best Outcome We’ve Had”: Key Themes From A Self-Advocate Summit On Community Living
Go to the ASAN Community Living Resources page to read more and download the documents.