The CMS Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office (MMCO) is pleased to announce the following three training opportunities. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 25, 2019 from 12:30pm-2pmET- Webinar: Culturally Competent Direct Care: Meeting the LTSS Needs of Diverse Dually Eligible Beneficiaries.
This webinar will discuss strategies for providing direct care services with cultural sensitivity, as well as training elements for direct care workers to achieve cultural competence. Speakers will share strategies for effectively identifying and meeting beneficiaries’ LTSS needs, in both institutional and community-based settings, while respecting their diverse cultural preferences. Finally, a direct care worker, along with a beneficiary, will share their firsthand experiences and recommendations on providing culturally competent direct care. This webinar is intended for a wide range of stakeholders, including frontline workers, LTSS providers and provider organizations (nursing facilities, adult daycare programs, assisted living facilities, home health care, and community-based agencies), and staff at Medicare-Medicaid Plans, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans, managed LTSS plans, and consumer organizations. Registration Link: https://www.resourcesforintegratedcare.com/CulturalCompetency/2019_CC_Webinar/Direct_Care_Workforce
- July 30, 2019 11:30am-1pmET – Webinar: Diagnosing and Treating Dementia – Current Best Practices.
This interactive webinar will describe best practices and guidelines for diagnosing and assessing dementia among older adults who are dually eligible and will provide an overview of current evidence-based treatments. Speakers, including a caregiver, will discuss firsthand experiences and lessons learned, including the impact of different interventions and approaches on older adults with dementia and their caregivers. This webinar is intended for providers, health care professionals and front-line staff of Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare-Medicaid Plans, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs) and PACE Organizations, as well as other stakeholders interested in improving their ability to provide dementia capable care. Registration Link: https://www.resourcesforintegratedcare.com/GeriatricCompetentCare/2019_GCC_Webinar/Diagnosing_and_Treating_Dementia
- July 31, 2019 2-2:30pmET- Disability-Competent Care Conversation on Access with ADA National Network. This event will focus on healthcare facility accessibility, including physical and communication barriers that may impede participants with disabilities from receiving care. Representatives from ADANN will answer your ADA and other accessibility questions. We encourage attendees to submit questions for ADANN ahead of time using any of the three options below:
- Send an email with your questions to RIC@Lewin.com. Your personal and/or organizational information will not be shared during the live event or after.
- Use direct message on Twitter to send your questions to @Integrate_care.
- Complete the registration for the event and include your question in the designated textbox.