We are excited to announce that Joe Caldwell, Ph.D., Co-PI of UIC Family Support and Research Center (FSRTC) and director of the Community Living Policy Center, Lurie Institute for Disability Policy, Brandeis University was appointed to the new RAISE Family Caregiving Advisory Council. The Advisory Council was formed under the RAISE Family Caregivers Act, which became law on Jan. 22, 2018, and will work to develop a national family caregiving strategy. In addition, Professor Tamar Heller, Ph.D., PI of the FSRTC will join the first public meeting to provide inputs based on her long and rich expertise and experience in the area of family support
The first public meeting of the RAISE Family Caregiving Advisory Council will be held on August 28 & August 29. Information to join the meeting are as follow:
- August 28: 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 29: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Holiday Inn—Washington Capitol
- 550 C Street SW, Washington, DC 20024.
- Registration is required to attend in person, and space is limited to the first 50 RSVPs.
- Live Stream
- If you can’t join in person, you can watch online.
To learn more visit ACL website www.acl.gov.